The Tampa Bay Buccaneers took to the rain soaked practice fields behind One Buc Place this morning with roughly 80 plus players in attendance. Among the players missing in action were: T Donald Penn, RB Derrick Ward, TE Kellen Winslow, G Davin Joseph (recovering from arthroscopic surgery on his knee), DT Brian Price (NFL rules). The team also announced a couple of roster moves, as previously reported from various sites the Bucs signed C Jeff Tow-Arnett and long-snapper Chris Mauriello and released WR Damola Adeniji.
- Josh Freeman according to many observers looked sharp for the most part, but was picked by Aqib Talib. Freeman told reporters he feels “lights years” ahead of where he was last year at this time. He also noted he would be stopping by the rookies hotel room to get his two new receivers Arrelious Benn and Mike Williams on the same script, as he’s looking for no mental mistakes out at practice tomorrow. Head coach Raheem Morris was pleased with Freeman during blitz period.
- Veteran corner Aqib Talib had a nice first practice, picking off two passes.
- Speaking of the two rookie receivers, both made some nice catches today and Williams broke off a sideline route and came back to a scrambling Freeman.
- Weakside linebacker Geno Hayes who was arguably the teams best linebacker in ’09 has recovered from off-season shoulder surgery and was at the start of OTAs today.
- Starting right guard Davin Joseph who is recovering from knee surgery was at practice today, but did not participate.
- A position switch to be noted: Adam Hayward has been switched from outside linebacker to middle linebacker as new comer Jon Alston was playing the weakside backer spot today.