Bucs Central will assume command and control over the War Room at One Buc Place. This dream job scenario, to be put in the front office of an NFL team – being able to draft, trade and sign players will play out starting March 1st. The staff here, has been given the opportunity along with 31 other NFL blogs to simulate the 2010 NFL draft. We have the 3rd overall pick and will be mocking the Bucs. Here are the details from No Logo Needed:
On Monday, Feb. 22, the NFL Draft will be two months away. Appearances of Mel Kiper’s hair and its observations on the 2010 class are increasing in frequency. We are getting close to what will now be a three-day draft.
The approaching arrival of the draft means the second annual Mock Draft Among Blogs will begin shortly. In 2009, No Logo Needed spearheaded a different kind of mock draft. We found a blogger representing each of the 32 NFL teams. The idea behind No Logo Needed’s mock draft is anybody can do a mock, but who will know better what the Eagles need than an Eagles blogger?
We would like to thank each and every person who is involved in this year’s effort. I hope you have fun, but more importantly, I hope your audiences enjoy this mock draft.
We will begin March 1 and, as most are aware, the St. Louis Rams are on the clock. Each team has a 24-hour period to make their selection and write a few paragraphs on why they chose a certain player.
Here is a list of the draft order with the Web site that will be representing each team:
1. St. Louis Rams: Joe Sports Fan
2. Detroit Lions: The Wayne Fontes Experience
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bucs Central
4. Washington Redskins: The Curly R
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Chiefs Report
6. Seattle Seahawks: Dave Krieg’s Strike Beard
7. Cleveland Browns: No Logo Needed
8. Oakland Raiders: Just Blog Baby
9. Buffalo Bills: Buffalo Sports Now
10. Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears): Bronco Talk
11. Jacksonville Jaguars: Black and Teal
12. Miami Dolphins: Playoff Bound Sports
13. San Francisco 49ers: Niners Nation
14. Denver Broncos: Bronco Talk
15. New York Giants: Ultimate NYG
16. Tennessee Titans: Music City Miracles
17. Carolina Panthers: Cat Scratch Reader
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Steelers Today
19. Houston Texans: Houston Die Hards
20. Atlanta Falcons: The Falcoholic
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Bengal Stripes
22. New England Patriots: Blauhg: A New England Patriots Blog
23. Green Bay Packers: Lombardi Ave
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Iggles Blog
25. Baltimore Ravens: The Ebony Bird
26. Arizona Cardinals: Voice of the Cardinals
27. Dallas Cowboys: Blogging the Boys
28. San Diego Chargers: Bolt Hype
29. New York Jets: Jets Twit
30. Minnesota Vikings: Minnesota Sports Zone
31. Indianapolis Colts: The Indy Football Report
32. New Orleans Saints: MooseDenied
Don Delco, a staff writer for No Logo Needed handled the coin flips, which were made in the friendly confines of the No Logo Needed headquarters, to determine picks 10 and 11, 16 and 17 and 19 and 20. Thanks to Jay Cutler, the Chicago Bears do not have a first- or second-round pick in 2010. We hope to hear from the Bears blog, Blog Down, Chicago Bears, after the first round to get his thoughts on what the Bears may do when they finally pick in round three.